Spring League 2017 Spring Hat Tournament (Mixed)
We will begin about 11am and play 3 or 4 games and then quit for food and drinks. It will take place at Fuller Field. Sign up online using our normal methods, like you do for all of our leagues. If you are not registered for spring league, please bring $5 with you. Since this is a hat tournament, please bring a white and dark shirt to the field. We will use normal Ann Arbor Ultimate League Rules Modifications for the tournament.
In an effort to reduce waste, please bring your own plate and utensils for the picnic. We hope to see you there!
Registration, Groups, and Waitlist Details
Please check out our FAQ page for more information about our registration process. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are under the age of 18 and have not yet filled out a concussion waiver for Ann Arbor Ultimate, please bring a filled out copy with you to the fields (requires a parent/guardian signature). You can download a copy of the concussion form here.
This division will play using the USAU 11th edition rule set with our recreational division rule modifications. Please see our rules page for more information.
As with all Ultimate games, the emphasis in this league will be on high spirit, great exercise, and fun for both newcomers and experienced players. Play hard, but play nice. And remember, violence, be it physical or verbal, is never acceptable and will get you suspended. Please keep your head about you.
- Bring light and dark shirts to delineate teams, water, and cleats.
- Do not damage the fields. If we do, we will be fined heavily and not allowed to play again. If you're causing more than the normal wear and tear because the fields are wet, you have to stop. With regards to litter, leave the fields in better condition than you found them. Report serious damage. The better care we take of the fields, the more we'll get to use them.
- Gender Matching- the typical rule is that the offense sets how many women are on the field for that point, and the defense matches. This does not, however, require women to play the entire game if one team has fewer than the other, or give women 100% game time while the men only get 50%. Captains should discuss and find a balance that makes all the players happy. If there is a large imbalance of women, or players in general, often the best solution is for one team to sub someone over to the other for the game (perhaps switching at half). Do what makes the game fun, and fair. Note that match-ups on the line should be based on skill, speed, and height; you don't have to match versus gender. The objective is to have an even game.
- After the games do a cheer for the other team, even on competitive night. This can be a quick "Great game!" it can be a song with modified lyrics, it can be a haiku, an interpretive dance, or a massive game of rock paper scissors. We've seen all of these done quite well. Show good spirit, this is ultimate.
- There is no alcohol allowed on or near the fields.
Most of all, have fun! Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to your captains, or to the organizers by emailing email@example.com.