Wednesday 50-50, 6v6
Wednesday Middle School
Summer 2022 Thursday Division (Co-Rec)
Registration, Groups, and Waitlist Details
Please check out our FAQ page for more information about our registration process. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This division will play using the USAU 11th edition rule set with our recreational division rule modifications. Please see our rules page for more information.
Before the game, captains should try to evenly distribute gender on each team. If captains deem based on attendance that pickups will be necessary, they should let the directors know and arrange for pickups in advance of the game. The gender ratio should be determined on the field prior to the start of a game.
At the start of the game, after the first disc flip, an additional disc flip happens with the winner selecting which end zone is the "genzone." At the start of each point, the team that is at the "genzone" must choose the gender ratio. This process applies for the entire game (the "Genzone Decides Rule").
At the fields, captains should strive to find a balance that is equitable to all genders. Note that match-ups on the line should be assigned based on ability; a player does not need to match up with a player of the same gender.
As with all ultimate games, the emphasis in this league will be on high spirit, great exercise, and fun for both new and experienced players. Play hard, but play nice. And remember, violence, be it physical or verbal, is never acceptable and will get you suspended.
- Games are played to 15 (win by 2, hard cap at 17), with a half-time at 8. Play 7 on each side or whatever makes sense based on attendance. Better to get started on time with 5s than to wait half an hour for 7s. Extra time in your time slot can be used for extra points, so feel free to mix it up and keep playing.
- Bring white and team-colored (or a dark if you cannot match your team color) shirts, water, and cleats.
- This division uses our default pick-up policy.
- After the games do a cheer for the other team. This can be a quick "Great game!", a song with modified lyrics, it a haiku, an interpretive dance, or a massive game of rock paper scissors. We've seen all of these done quite well. Show good spirit, this is ultimate.
- There is no alcohol allowed on or near the fields.
Most of all, have fun! Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to your captains, or to league organizers by emailing email@example.com.
Captains are highly appreciated, and play for a discount. Just put a 2 in the "How Much I'd Like to Be a Captain" portion of your registration. As we form teams we'll choose captains based on experience, team balance, etc. If you're chosen, you'll have to come to the captains meeting, send emails to your teams to get them psyched about the games, and do the usual captain job of helping new players and keeping the spirit on your team high. You don't have to be the best player on the team, but you do have to have spirit and energy! Captains make this league work, so if you've been playing for a few seasons, think about joining the ranks of the captains.
Upon fulfilling their duties at the end of the season, captains receive a partial registration refund.