Wednesday Middle School
Summer 2022 Wednesday Middle School Division (Co-Rec)
Please check out our FAQ page for more information about our registration process. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coach Sam Rosewig has coached youth ultimate players in Ann Arbor for twenty years. He loves to teach throwing skills and is deeply interested in leadership development for people of all ages and skill levels. He also is the coach for Autonomous, a local women’s club team.
Coach Elizabeth Koschmann captained the Vicious Circles - Wesleyan University's women's ultimate frisbee team, and then captained or played on recreational teams across the U.S. -- in Boston, MA; Madison, WI; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA. She'll bring to practice a true love of all things ultimate -- the game, the vibe, and the motivation it offers to get outside and enjoy summer weather!
This team will be capped at 30 people to ensure that everyone can get lots of instruction and playing time during scrimmages.
All sessions will start with a 20-30 minutes coaching session focused on skill development. The skills session will be followed by about an hour long ultimate game with plenty of breaks for water and coaching.
This is a co-rec youth league. Co-rec means that there is no set number of female matching players (FMPs) or male matching players (MMPs) on the field each point. All are welcome regardless of their gender matching preference, athletic ability, skill level, or knowledge of ultimate!
What do you need to bring each week?
Players should come to each practice with:
- Sneakers or soccer cleats (sneakers are fine, but we really encourage having cleats!)
- 1 light-colored t-shirt and 1 dark-colored t-shirt (for scrimmaging)
- A large water bottle, especially on hot days! (Water will not be available at the fields)
If you use an inhaler or epi-pen, please bring it with you!
This division will play using the USAU 11th edition rule set with our recreational division rule modifications. Please see our rules page for more information.
Practices will be cancelled in the event of thunderstorms/lightning.
Please note, Ann Arbor Ultimate requires that parents/guardians of youth players acknowledge our waiver and submit a signed concussion compliance form before your child can play in our leagues. Ann Arbor Ultimate leadership will be in contact prior to league start to request these forms.
As with all ultimate games, the emphasis in this league will be on high spirit, great exercise, and fun for both new and experienced players. Play hard, but play nice. And remember, violence, be it physical or verbal, is never acceptable and will get you suspended.
- Games are played to 15 with a half-time at 8. Teams are encouraged to play additional points with extra time.
- Bring white and dark shirts, water, and cleats.
- Do not damage the fields. If we do, we will be fined heavily and not allowed to play again. If you're causing more than the normal wear and tear because the fields are wet, you have to stop. With regards to litter, leave the fields in better condition than you found them. Report serious damage. The better care we take of the fields, the more we'll get to use them.
- After the games do a cheer for the other team. This can be a quick "Great game!", a song with modified lyrics, it a haiku, an interpretive dance, or a massive game of rock paper scissors. We've seen all of these done quite well. Show good spirit, this is ultimate.
Most of all, have fun! Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to your coaches, or to league organizers by emailing email@example.com.