Sunday Session 1
Sunday Session 2
Summer 2023 Thursday 50:50 Division (Mixed)
This division follows our 50:50 format. After registration closes, the number of woman-matching players registered will determine the overall size of the division (including number of teams). An equal number of man-matching players will be selected to join the division.
How can I ensure I get into the division?
If you are a woman-matching player, you will be placed in the division automatically.
If you are a man-matching player, the only way to guarantee entry into the division is to group with a woman-matching player, 1:1. All other division spaces will be filled by ungrouped man-matching players on the waitlist.
Please note, groups with more man-matching players or all man-matching players will not qualify for this division unless all members qualify.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact league directors at email@example.com.
Registration, Groups, and Waitlist Details
Please check out our FAQ page for more information about our registration process. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the fields, captains should strive to find a balance that is equitable to all gender-matching preferences. If there is a large imbalance of players (of one gender matchup or overall), often the best solution is for one team to sub someone over to the other for the game (perhaps switching at half). Note that match-ups on the line can be assigned based on ability; a player does not need to match up with a player of the same gender matching preference.
This division will play using our recreational division rule modifications, based on the latest rule set offered by USA Ultimate. Please see our rules page for more information.
As with all ultimate games, the emphasis in this league will be on high spirit, great exercise, and fun for both new and experienced players. Play hard, but play nice. And remember, violence, be it physical or verbal, is never acceptable and will get you suspended.
- Games are played with 7 players on each side, but it is better to get a game started with 5s or 6s than to wait for 7s.
- Games are played to 15 (win by 2, hard cap at 17), with a half-time at 8. Games can also end by reaching the end of our field reservation or time slot. If playing to a time cap, games can end mid-point. It is up to the game captains to call last point and call the point off if it is not finished in time. When your game time is up, please take any huddles off the field so the next group can start. This is especially important if the next group is not Ann Arbor Ultimate-related.
- Bring white and team-colored (or a dark if you cannot match your team color) jerseys/shirts, water, and cleats.
- Please do not bring alcohol. Please clean up after yourselves. When in doubt, leave the field looking better than you found it.
- Cheer for opponents, even on competitive nights. This can be a quick "great game!", it can be a song with modified lyrics, it can be a haiku, an interpretive dance, or a massive game of rock paper scissors. There are a dozen very fun spirit games that require no creativity or performance pressure. I've seen all of these done quite well. Show good spirit, this is ultimate.
- There is no alcohol allowed on or near the fields.
Most of all, have fun! Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to your captains, or to league organizers by emailing email@example.com. If you would prefer to anonymously report a situation, please use our Anonymous Grievance/Feedback Form
Ann Arbor Ultimate would not be possible if not for our volunteer captains! Each season, Ann Arbor Ultimate relies on this group to facilitate safe, spirited ultimate and be our eyes and ears on the field. Captains are not expected to be the most experienced, skilled, or knowledgable players; instead we look for players who are enthusiastic about our community and want to give back. To learn more, check out our frequently asked questions page.
To be considered, put a 1 or 2 for the "Would you like to captain this division?" question during registration. If selected, the Captains Committee will be in touch with an invite to our seasonal captains meeting. Upon fulfilling their duties at the end of the season, captains receive compensation of $5 per game.